Effective date: February 1, 2014
Welcome aboard Peepsqueeze! In this policy statement, "we," "us" or "our" refers to Peepsqueeze!
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (referred to as "Users" or “User” or “you”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Listed below are the types of information we collect:
Information you provide us directly:
- Your Username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Peepsqueeze account.
- Profile information that you provide for your User profile (e.g., first and last name, picture). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Peepsqueeze.
- User Content (e.g., videos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Peepsqueeze. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note: you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Contacts you indicate or choose to find:
- From our “Who is it for” and "Invite peeps from…," information will be collected concerning people either through (i) your contacts list, or (ii) third-party social media sites.
- If you want us to find your friends through (i) your device's contacts list, then Peepsqueeze will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Peepsqueeze.
- If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite peeps from…" feature, you understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Peepsqueeze does not have access to or control this communication.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We gather this analytics information with all other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Peepsqueeze.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a video), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a video), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your video or tag your video using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the video and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your video is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems; and,
- automatically update the Peepsqueeze application on your device.
Note: Peepsqueeze or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Peepsqueeze (or the group of companies of which Peepsqueeze is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Peepsqueeze is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (e.g., by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (e.g., by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your videos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given reasonably necessary access in order to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share reasonably anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you. The aggregated information may be shared.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our Peepsqueeze API.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or by other Users or third parties using the Peepsqueeze API who may have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (e.g., search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects Users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Peepsqueeze, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Peepsqueeze, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Peepsqueeze cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Peepsqueeze or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us in safeguarding your privacy. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Peepsqueeze, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to our Service make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Peepsqueeze, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Peepsqueeze does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Peepsqueeze User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US